Analyzing Patents and Strategic Counseling
Navigating the patent landscape to reach your goals, whether as part of designing and developing your products and services, entering into a licensing, joint venture, acquisition or investment transaction, or preparing to enforce your rights or defend your business, Haner & Kuo endeavors to provide its clients with the information and analysis to make informed decisions to advance and protect their competitive position.
Protecting your patent rights
Now: First Inventor to File is entitled to receive a patent. Before 2013, inventor not required to be the first to file to receive a patent.
Filing a provisional application addresses the follow two points:
- Document Your Invention
File Your Patent Application Before You:
- If you can prove you first invented the claimed invention, you may be able to prevent another person from taking your invention and getting a patent before you do
- Write down what you do as you do it
- Publicly describe your invention
- Use your invention in public
- Sell, offer to sell, or advertise your invention
- Otherwise make your invention available to the public